Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I will still blog in the comment space, but I try!

This is from my comment from Ddonn's blog (elcidandgirls) and since I actually blogged about the outhouse first I felt it was OK to lift the informational essay I for some reason felt the need to post there in response to a comment . . .

A post! You must be feeling better. I am SO glad!

If Jessica only knew! One does not even want to dwell on WHAT might be hiding in the stacks of hundreds of Reader's Digests, National Geographics, and miscellaneous 'womens' magazines stacked in there!

The outhouse is 4-5 feet wide, 3-3 1/2 feet deep and taller than me...(5'6")probably 6 feet tall at the back and 8 or more at the front. The seat is an old church pew... talk to my dad!* and is a two seater, my little brother was only 3 when they moved there... and the last 18+ inches is where the book stacking began, eventually reaching shoulder height(sitting) and then taking up the floor space in front of the "hole-less" end. A shelf on that end wall holds hand sanitizer, extra paper and has a really nice floral wreath on the wall above it. The toilet paper 'dispenser' is, of course, on the end wall by the holes. It never had a door, originally it faced up hill so there was no need* and when it was repositioned 15 or more years ago facing downhill and the river, a curtain was hung... which blocks the view, btw!

Beautiful pictures Ddonn! I look forward to more! I am glad you are well enough to post! ! !
xoxoxox

The link to Ddonn's blog is on the left side of my blog page, she is currently ill - terrible way to return home from vacation!

No comments: