Thursday, June 26, 2008

I will be better at amusing myself!

Drox is due home this evening and while talking to myself is so NOT a new pastime for me, it is getting really old and I find it nigh on impossible to stay on task! Plus, I didn't outline enough of my to do list (mentally) while I made my bed this morning so it was even easier than usual to stray. . .

Good news is that I was able to talk to Wil for 1:02:o5 (according to my cell phone) mid day (1145-1248) and it was lovely to hear her voice - and know that it wasn't costing anyone anything... my phone is a Cricket so you never count minutes, (ever) and I had called her in-laws' house phone so there ya are - and no, I didn't mean to be on so long (see one of my first posts re: me and phone messages) ;-Þ

Bought Drox's assigned food items for tomorrow's scout overnight, and food for his "bring your own dinner for Friday", forgot I needed cornstarch (totally out), forgot to look at my gas gauge and if it was near half (it is, in fact, just below half) to shoot across the freeway from Winco to Costco, but I DID grind a can of wheat at TJ's and do some weeding by the peppers and cherry tomatoes before the shopping trip so now if I get back in gear [lunch and a phone call which ended when my phone died stalled me out (btw NEVER buy the cell phone I have... you have NO warning when the battery is about to go out AND you can NOT get the silly thing to come back on until it charges awhile, just long enough for the other person to send an ambulance, the fire dept and/or paramedics because you must be dead or unconscious!)]

Forgot my home teachers were coming last night and thankfully I was listening to a discussion on the Book of Mormon on the computer while fixing dinner and doing dishes as opposed to playing Portal in my 'coffee duster' (think house robe) or some other such un(old)lady-like pursuit (the ever surfacing spider solitaire or destruct-o-match to earn neopoints to loan Drox)

I copied the paper from a past scout master and gave it to my hometeacher who is also the scout advancement person so Drox will be able to get the Archery merit badge he earned two years ago this month! If his paper he gave the merit badge counselor Sunday met with approval and the counselor signs the blue card, he will become a Life Scout this next week (yeah!) and Eagle will be in very close reach! He has more badges than he needs for Life but the one pending is on the required list... and the 'more' badges aren't ;-}

I am remembering that I have a visiting teaching appointment at 7, I need to find out if Bran's team won their game last night so I will know if I am going alone or if TJ is coming, and a NAP keeps trying to get on the to do list! I slept 6 whole hours last night, must be the aging deal! (Or the fact that I have always been an 8 hours of sleep per night girl) My grandma said that as you get older you need less sleep, guess I'm just not that 'older' yet - ^o*

No comments: