I have one knitted and will do the other tomorrow. Tiney has to choose the buttons. I chose black Red Heart Shimmer.
Le received this today in Home Spun Thick and Quick Claret ~ that would be shades of red ;-}I am crocheting and knitting while we watch movies or Church related things. The scarf was during "A Far Off Place" and the original [1975?] Escape to Witch Mountain. The mitt was during the Live Streaming of Time Out For Women yesterday and today.
I set up SHE for our home. The outline is on the bulletin board and the cards are waiting for experience to tell me what they need on them. I know for the bathroom one, we did it Wednesday, bedroom ones are done - that was Thursday, Friday we had switched to be the free day - it was stake temple day and Tuesday is our free day to go to the temple. Today was supposed to be kitchen but the boys were here 9-11:30 it IS also Family day [I LOVE my boys!] and then the Stake Senior Thanksgiving luncheon was noon to 13:45 and TOFW had been on from 9 am with out us!!! so we caught the end of it 14:00 - 16:20 and I napped from 17:?? - 18:38 when Tiney called. Dinner [we made bread pizza's and peanut butter free no bake cookies], the first part of TOFW, finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants, yep Official Declaration 2, and Mom has chosen for us to read the Pearl of Great Price next. Beginning tomorrow. I listened to Sandra Turley while I wrote a letter to President Hawks of the China Hong Kong mission updating my address and to S Michael Wilcox while I mindlessly played Zuma, Words with Friends and Candy Crush. I am now the top score on the 20 levels I have access to so except for checking once a week to see if someone has passed me up, my CC adventure is complete.
Back to SHE - Sunday is Church and writing to Elder Drox, Monday is Living room, menu ("We don't Need a menu!" "Yes mom, we at least need an outline to keep me on my toes") and catching up dishes and laundry, Thursday is also the bills, letter writing day, Wednesday is Library and grocery shopping day, Friday will be the laundry closet day (that confuses my mom but calling it the 'laundry area' also confused her. It is a closet with bifold doors in the living room.] and errands. Mom is unhappy that we don't GO any where on Monday or Thursday but I rejoice at a written excuse to stay home!!! Actually Monday we will end up going at least some times because there are numerous singles FHE's / potlucks and if I could pay the ward members to keep mom from seeing the bulletin, I totally would! She wants to go to Everything and then is upset when there are 2 firesides on the same night, at the same time and she has to choose just one. It could be watching paint dry as long as she got to "go". I am still trying to encourage her to find an interest. She decided she would like to learn to knit and I said, I will help you find a teacher. She said that was mean but I have tried before to teach her and to quote Drox, "It is too intense."
I did realize Yesterday that I had been missing part of the reality of Matthew 25:40
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
I always thought of it in terms of being kind to strangers or others was being kind to Christ. After losing my temper Friday over conflicting decisions made by my mom - since she did not remember 5 minutes after requesting that we do 'x' that she had made the request she was upset when I did 'x' and not 'z' -which she had NOT mentioned to me, and in spite of the fact that 'y' was our reason for being where we were and 'z' would preclude 'y'... I opened the scriptures when we finally got to the temple [an hour later than planned but there was no Need for a strict schedule, as in loosen up Karen!] to the scripture above and had a mental picture of me blowing a gasket at Christ the way I had at my Mom. Yeah, that was a hard reality to deal with. I can't see me yelling at Him to make up His mind and trust that I am NOT being arbitrary but simply trying to carry out His wishes. She knows that she forgets things but never remembers anything so she can't know that what she is upset with me about is something she has forgotten she wanted. So, today had just as many blanks as any other day but I kept picturing Christ when she drew those blanks. Far more pleasant.
Buh, Le and Wil have all helped me this week with reality and Ddonn helped me last week, Tiney helps me every time she is here. Thank you all very much. This week's highlights were "see her as a stranger" as in no expectations, no past hurts, a clean slate. "Give one word or short answers" i.e. "stay clear of the 'cans of worms' that long answers and explanations bring on".
Buh has a talk in church tomorrow so we need to leave at 08:35 instead of our comfortable 10:45 so I had best call it quits ~ 00:14 here. I love you all eternally, mom xoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment