Back to my previous post, on 25 November 2012, between tithing settlement and setting me apart as a Church service missionary working in FamilySearch support, the Bishop asked me to be the Relief Society president. I was sustained and set apart in that calling 16 December 2012. Sadly we had a funeral the Friday of my first week as president.
So, now I have a great reason for not getting back here to post! Christmas, learning to be RS president in a ward I had lived in less than 5 months AND mission training began 2 January 2013. I have done a few live emails, am practicing to take live calls and tomorrow's class is about live chat support. Training officially ends 22 February but I will have tons of supervision and support long after - now if I just had a secretary for RS, a pianist...
Happy 20th Party Day to Drox ! ! !
4 February 1993 was his due date and I have always held his party on this day. Who needs a birthday that falls between Christmas and New Years ?!?!? I mean really, talk about lost in the shuffle. I talked to some adult friends who had birthdays in December and the consensus was that if they had their choice their celebration would have been some other time, June was one suggestion. I didn't even have to think about it ~ 4 February was already marked on the calendar! Best part is, the envelope I sent Elder Drox in Hong Kong actually reached him on the 4th ! ! ! He liked what Tami sent best, didn't even mention my awesome Cabela presents (he loves Cabela's) but that's ok. Unlike his Christmas packages, this one arrived on time ! ! ! That's good enough for me ;-} [plus I am very sure his snail mail will mention the presents]
Tim comes tomorrow to help redo my computer, poor thing became corrupted and took it out on any Java based applications - like the ones that are absolutely critical for my mission training. I have been using Tim's spare laptop for my training but have gotten together software, etc so we can essentially "format the hard drive" and go from there. Tim is getting lunch out of it so I am not Really taking advantage of him. I mean that IS why your children have best friends that live near you and have awesome skills and abilities, right?
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment