Saturday, December 1, 2012

I will have new and exciting callings! Even ones you can "apply" for !!

I applied to be a Church-service missionary, Family History, and was set apart last Sunday - after tithing settlement as it happened ;-}
It has been an ongoing process since Drox and A.S. brought to my attention in August that it is something you apply for, somehow that had escaped my notice! (I know, hard to believe when I have sent two sons on missions)
I contacted people, interviewed, recontacted people when the paperwork didn't reach SLC "in a timely manner" and by November's end, I have a name tag, am set apart and will begin the NewFamilySearch support training 2 Jan 2013.
The delay in paperwork allowed me to be a lot more help to Tiney than I would have been if I began training in November (hours a day for about a month). My only concern was that the delay was due to a lack* on my part, but then I would hear my husband asking me "Did Jesus Christ tell you that? Then why are you saying that?" or quoting to me "Do not let doubt or fear enter into your heart..."
*ability, worthiness
So, for 12 months I will be able to serve a mission from home helping with something I love to do. Drox loves that we will both be missionaries at the same time, and I love that we can both be a blessing in the lives of Heavenly Father's children, on Both sides of the veil! xoxoxox

No comments: