Saturday, February 9, 2013

I will go to a Single Adult game night and actually have fun!

It was fun to relax and play dominoes, thank you Wards for teaching me how, and enjoy laughing with grown ups. I have been training for my mission, doing RS president stuff (this morning that included being up at 7:20 am after getting to bed at 1:20 am to take someone to pick up a food order and then helping to deliver another order to someone unable to come herself), watching cute grandsons and sometimes going to Costco or Winco or Safeway or Walmart, I am sure you get the picture.

I did go to the temple Wednesday, my class is recorded so I watched it later, and had no schedule re: which session or how long I could stay. Spent time just enjoying the peace and quiet. It was wonderful.

Then I went home via 1)Winco for dinner $6.55 (enough for a couple of meals) and 2)church to input the visiting teaching routes, print them, (thank you to the Sunday School president for knowing the computer program and having a key to the library for copies, and the paper cutter) and to attend Ward Council. When I got to church I discovered my building key was Not in my purse but by the time I could go home and come back I would have little computer time so I ate in peace, did checkbook stuff, and the primary president arrived half an hour before the meeting so I was able to get in and do my computer work. Much better than racing home, eating at red lights, etc. I love it when I do things the smarter way as opposed to the compulsive way ;-Þ

I got a letter from Elder Drox today ;-} It has 2 pages of scripture insights but I am waiting until morning when I have time to read them, the scriptures they reference and comment thoroughly in a letter back to him. It was postmarked 29 Jan and arrived 8 Feb, I am very grateful that I am able to email weekly! He even drew me a map of the boundary changes. He apparently has been traveling (hiking?) in his new area ~ "I saw mangoes, papayas, and ?Jackfruit? all just growing in the forest by the dirt road. There are homes that have been abandoned, scavenged, and squatted in for decades, with creeper vines all over them. There are colonies of semi-feral cats that hang around, and I would(n't) be surprised to see a few monkeys out here.
 This really is a great place to be! ...life feels a little slower paced. It's an awesome place to spend my next 4 1/2 months of full-time ministry."

Looking forward to being in the temple 6 weeks from now for my precious girl's wedding!!! (Not as excited about all the hard work and effort that will go into making it an awesome day, but it will be Worth it ;-)


No comments: