So, I tried to pay Tiney's storage unit rental DAYS ago and the lady I got this time was not the lady last time and did not want to do a phone payment even if the previous lady said I could. She gave me a 10 digit ID # and said pay online. We were going somewhere so I put the paper aside planning to pay when I had time for gross torture.
Tonight I am trying to sleep and the specter of storage unit present starts to haunt me, it is past the grace period I fear, and I get up, find the paper, go thru the torture and make the payment. I intensely dislike the blow my memory has taken in the aging process especially when it affects other people. I had Tiney's money in my account because she did not have a driver's license so the sub lady could not rent her a unit, but she could rent to me. When Tiney tried to make a payment using her bank card info it refused her because Tiney was not the name on the account, had to be a card that said Tiney's mom. SO there we are, grey haired failing memory in charge.
Matey fell asleep in my arms tonight between one word and the next. It was truly funny. He was talking to his mom then he was sound asleep.
I did one of my scientific plans - that pained groaning you hear would be my children and their father - and it seems to be working. Oh ye of little proof!
Divided the house into 12 areas and assigned each one a day.
Tiney does the hard stuff and I do the rest. Yesterday was our first day and we started with my room. I had to do all the decision making but Tiney did the window, blinds, fan blades and light diffusing bowls as well as receiving stuff for two of the boxes and packing them for me. I had two boxes and she had "stationery" and "bedroom misc" Quit Laughing! I had "church" and "goes with me in the car". Yes, she will gladly accept sympathy cards, especially ones with $.
Today it was the hall and formal living room. She did the fan blades, light covers, soffit (it was ugly!), and put the fish on Craig's List. We both did the window and put the blinds back up. We sorted the cookbooks, packed them and the towels and linens and games etc. I need to find 3 boxes for #10 cans to put the food storage in. (note to self)
I mended the red sleeping bag and space bagged it, bagged the green sleeping bag and the twin comforter together, as well as space bagging the stuff I bagged the other day. I had used the older (used) bags and they all had leaks. I dismantled my rocking chair (glider) and vacuumed the living room and hall. I did the hall light diffusing bowls and the cold air intake vent in the hall ceiling. Amazingly, it is missing the 20 x 20 filter it should have in it. On my list for later today.
The glider comes apart with an allen wrench. I had one and Matey had one and he removed 4 screws with only minimal help (had trouble fitting the hexagonal head into the hexagonal recess). Once you set the wrench for him, he turned it until the screw came out. Ask AnWanna, those screws are NOT short. He is an amazing boy!
Today (Wednesday) is our "free" day, we get one each week ;-} and we are going to the Library and Walmart - that 20 x 20 filter - and Tiney is going to do laundry while I catch up dishes and sneak and do the track in my bedroom window. Yes, I am compulsive. I need it to be free of bugs and dust. I also still need to vacuum my room and pack the pictures on the wall.
Thursday is the "dining" room which is Matey's toy area, a chandelier, sliding glass door and vertical blinds (yes I am doing the track) and Tiney wants to include my computer desk. That's one way to get it cleared off! We are going to pack up half the toys - hopefully not the half he wants to play with the rest of the month ;-o
0100 and I was going to get to sleep before midnight xoxoxox
7 years ago
2 comments:
How many times do I have to tell you it is a sawpit???? So sad I am not there to help......
I toyed with spelling it 'sawfit' but chickened out and soffit won even tho blogger doesn't think it's a word! xoxoxox
Post a Comment