Thursday, March 22, 2012

I will be SO happy to have the REAL mommy return!

Even tho' the driving will still be on me for 10 days, it will be a relief, to me And to the dog!, to have the "Alpha" back in the house.

Yesterday I left at 0845 with Jr and George for school. I was home from 1300-1340 ~had to put the groceries away and grab something to eat~ and then 'really' got home about 1715. I got gas at approximately noon and drove almost 60 miles before making it home for the night. (I drove about 20 mi before getting gas with lots, for me, of walking in the mix.)
Yes, I know, I used to do that and more and not bat an eye. However, my 58th birthday was not as close Then as it is NOW. Nor was I as out of shape, well, maybe I was but I wasn't feeling it as much as I do now!

We are SO excited to have mommy and Jack Jack coming home today!!! Daddy and Fred took mommy's car this morning since JJ's car seat will live in it, and Jr is Not particularly happy about having to ride in Grammy's not so cool car. She will survive. I Can see the difference between a dark blue 2001 Chevy Venture and a Dark Cherry Pearl 2009 Pilot, I am not THAT old ;-Þ

Fred organized a cleaning party last night and got her sisters to help get things tidied up for mommy to come home. We also had popcorn and a movie, mommy's suggestion, to celebrate our last night of Grammy in charge. There is some notion out there that Grammy running things and mommy running things is Not the same and that pulling the wool over Grammy's eyes will be a thing of the past when mommy is onsite. As If!

I will get yesterday and today's laundry and dishes done and the girls will be happy, although I am not sure mommy is really going to have time to notice what with JJ (and the dog) and getting her room set up to her liking. The baby's bed was going to be a Sunday afternoon event, putting it in place, etc. and JJ's arrival at 1259 on Sunday changed that and several other plans*. The girls and I are Not authorized decision makers for that kind of project, SO the bed is still in the living room :-o

*As long as no one points out that my previous post asked where the fun was in planned deliveries, I should be safe.

Life is about to get very real here for several folks, Fred, Jr, George, Mellow - And Grammy! Think the last four days were demanding? Think again. Prepare for the busiest and then rejoice when the best happens. Like JJ being a happy, relatively quiet baby ;-} She is an absolute sweetheart and seems, in the 3 days we have known her, to be a calm, contented sort. Time to wake up Jr and George, ~ later!

No comments: