I took Matey to church with me today and he was amazingly well behaved. End of Sacrament meeting he had discovered a miniature Thomas the Tank Engine on the floor - he Loves Thomas - and had barely played with it when the owner returned. The last 3-5 minutes of the meeting he was miserable repeating 'train' over and over watching it 2 feet away from him in someone else's hand. But then we went to Primary, but sharing time was first and 3/4 the way thru he started talking out loud to break the boredom, so we went to Nursery. We arrived as they were sitting down for snack time! I stayed 20 or so minutes and he was playing happily so I left knowing that 2 of the nursery leaders know where my classroom is and I told them I wasn't the one teaching today so come get me if he needed me. I was there about 15 minutes when I had the distinct impression I should go back to the nursery. My co teacher was in mid story so I waited 2-3 minutes until she finished and quietly left. Sure enough he was sobbing his little heart out. Apparently he was fine until he "fell down". No more details than that. I picked him up and hugged him, told him I loved him and had missed him and was so glad to be with him, and sang along with the teacher for 3 more songs, including 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' which he knows. He was hugging me and not crying but not "joining in" either. THEN singing time was over and the teacher said "Let's put away the toys and get out the Bubbles". That is the magic word - BUBBLES. He was up and clapping bubbles with the best of them. In my absence he had colored a picture. We were the last ones to leave because the teacher's daughter had come in and taken over 'bubble duty' and we could NOT leave if there were bubbles! So, we changed his diaper on the new bathroom floor (the changing table has not been installed yet) and went out to the car and home and he Never pitched a fit for his mom the entire time. Happy day!
So back to Moga. A friend called (1444hrs) and invited us to dinner (1730) and it is someone I wanted Tiney to meet and her baby is due any day so a raincheck didn't seem smart (even tho I knew our own dinner was prepped). Tiney made a salad to take (an amazing salad) and we went and had a wonderful dinner and talked for a couple hours and suddenly it was 2030. As we left Tiney followed Matey out the door and he was spinning on the lawn and smiling and babbling a mile a minute and she informed me he was thrilled she had come outside to play with him and she hated the reality that when we got home it would be bedtime so there would be NO outside time and he would be devastated. It is .4mi to our house and we had his pedal car in the van so I said, why don't you walk home with him? She replied Why don't you? I said you drive the car home and I will. Then she announced that I was mean and now she had to or she would be a bad mother and I should open the hatch. So I got the car out and they walked home and I coasted along beside them the .4 miles. She was moving at a steady 3mph pace and she was NOT walking fast. (small things amuse some peoples mothers!)
She has been tired and it was later than she thought but she spent the time walking with her boy and he was SO happy. I hit the garage door opener and they parked in the garage ahead of me ;-} Once home she changed his diaper, he said he was hungry and he and I got out the little Hershey's mixer and his chocolate milk from Sizzler yesterday and remixed it and he drank it all! He ate half the peach he asked for and massaged the other half , What?! I was washing dishes and his mommy was on the computer. Then he went happily to bed with his mom After she washed his face, hands, tummy - all the peachy sticky parts.
This morning I made cinnamon roll dough but after rolling it put it into 8 mini loaf pans and Tiney baked them because I ran out of time :-o After church Buh drove and I delivered a mini loaf to all the children in my class and my co teacher. Except one little girl who I believe is out of town, hers is in the freezer. My one little boy who hasn't been in a while has a younger sister who is a bit miffed he gets visits/messages regularly and she doesn't so I made one for her too. As we got to the turn for their cul de sac I realized the little urchins playing in the water by the road were the two of them so I told Buh to stop rolled down my window, said Hello and he recognized me and jumped out of the ditch. I called him over and said I needed his little sister too. Each received a bag with their name on it, I told them what it was and that I missed them and as they ran towards home he called back "I miss you!" Being kind is so easy and I don't do it often enough. People need to know they are important.
7 years ago
2 comments:
I think she should also get points for humoring her mother who likes to drag people all over to meet everyone in the whole wide world! Not that your people aren't nice but I know from experience what it is like to get drug all over meeting everyone....
And why you make my Tami tired? Are you feeding her dairy? Cuz you aren't supposed to....
and I was SO excited that I had a comment! I don't feed Tiney! She feeds herself ;-Þ
xoxoxox
Post a Comment