Thursday, September 25, 2008

doctors may play an increasing role in my life

Went back to Dr Hooft's office yesterday, a.m., and saw his associate, Katie Nielson (sp?).  They did a blood draw due to his suspicion that this is appendicitis.  She called back about 2 to say the white blood count was normal, someone else in the office called a couple hours later, acknowledged the first call and said Katie had asked her to call and let me know that the count was slightly elevated.

I had been instructed to return if I - 1 have a fever that won't go down, 2 the pain increases, 3 I get diarrhea or 4 I begin to vomit.  My nausea level has been increasing all day, I am finding it impossible to sleep and since I don't have insurance am starting to be concerned I may have come back to die.  And NO, I am NOT being melodramatic.  SJSK finds it strange that in the midst of this unrelenting pain my complexion is better than she has ever seen it... I had noticed that too.  Usually my face mirrors to the world my stress level.  Of course MY morbid thought was that I would look good in my coffin... which will be the least expensive (cardboard) they allow at Tahoma National Cemetery. 

Took a shower 0200 - 0220, am posting this and then back to trying to find the position that will allow me to sleep.  I am praying constantly but keep remembering that God's will is what really matters and just pray that I am NOT "appointed unto death".  This morning I felt much better after my shower... hence the attempt to recreate the positive condition ;-}

I love my children, sons-in-law, grandchildren, my stepson and his family, I want to finish raising Drox and hold Tiney's (and SPC's) baby in this life, unrelenting pain is the pits... fyi
and I still love Scout!    xoxoxox


No comments: