When I grow up my kids are all going to be polite and loving and generous and kind and concerned and everything... kinda didn't realize the "everything" could be a catch-all for various traits I might not hold near and dear to my heart. I DO want them to be individuals, just more like my imagination.
It is huge pms time. That alone will send you on to other blogs if you have any choice in the matter! ;-Þ
I read the comment suggesting that I post more instead of calling and my little heart broke - that would be the heart that weeps through pms time over EVERYTHING - my mom never called just to talk when I was young and needed to have a grownup to talk to, or when she bought her first new clothes in almost five years, or when she found an awesome new recipe, or, or ,or. It just wasn't a part of her personality. It occurs to me that a lot of what I do is trying to make up for what I didn't have. My children have a mom who talks to them only tooooo regularly. While that is nice at times and makes for convenient access when needed, it also stifles them on the "alternate Thursdays" of legendary fame. And the question arises is it part of MY personality or is it just massive compensation? Scary, eh? Who wants to go looking for a personality after 50 plus years?
I will still call, and still end up posting what some or all have already heard, and still wonder just how much of me is compensation
~ as long as I also get El Cid and Aunt KT's packages in the mail and pick up dishwasher detergent and drop the paperwork at the office, my reputation shouldn't plummet tooo much.
And I DO look forward to the blinds that are the city by day in one direction and the city by night in the other.
Maybe the world puts a little tougher edge on people now... and maybe that helps take the sting out of things
Maybe
(but when they figure out the whole pms thing I sure hope I am on the mailing list!)
7 years ago
1 comment:
I only meant you told me all about the shopping trip so reading and commenting was just duplication since I had already talked to you about everything!!!!!!I was joking!!!!!!! Nobody thinks you'll really stop calling us if you did we would probably think something terrible had happened. In fact on the days I don't hear from you I worry that you're in trouble. So there!
Post a Comment