Thursday, May 30, 2019

I will misunderstand, especially about things I have no experience with!

So, it really was 81 episodes in an hour. Every minute ~ 1.3 stops, every 44 seconds stopped breathing enough to wake myself. Not that they were spread out evenly, but math IS my thing...so if I can work numbers, I'll work 'em!

The CPAP really does help, the understaffed Sleep Study Department is a pain, I am sure with the ability to actually talk to a doctor more than once or twice a year it would help even more. Once last year, once this year. She left the practice so my May appt didn't happen, calling them tomorrow to schedule with the new person, unless he can't see me before July because Then I will be Medicare and everything will have to be redone. No, I do NOT understand Medicare, I was just warned by the previous doctor that they would require an appt to verify the situation/diagnosis.

Weekly study of the New Testament has us reading Joseph Smith - Matthew 1; Matthew 25; Mark 12-13; Luke 21   Finally I understand the parable of the wicked husbandmen.  I was listening to a talk by Mark E Peterson, given in the April 1972 General Conference, and it just "clicked".   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1972/04/a-people-of-sound-judgment?lang=eng  about 6 minutes into his talk I go "OH! The servants that were beaten and/or killed were the prophets (in various dispensations of time), the son, of course, is Jesus Christ, and the wicked husbandmen were religious leaders that didn't want their hold over the people to be broken."

No, his topic was not that (or any) parable, but I have been studying and reading this week and as he recounted the history of prophets being ignored, ridiculed, killed...it clicked for me.

Matthew 25:31-46 ...as ye have done it unto the least of these... ties to Mosiah 2:17 and keeps reminding me that being in the Nursery has a purpose. Le assured me I can share my scriptural insights with my class, DJ (21mo.) and 3 'older' boys (2-3 years old). It would be interesting to see what they told their parents, at least two of them can talk. The third little boy only came once and spent the time in his mother's lap watching the others.

Adding songs to my profile has me listening to a Bread Greatest Hits album via YouTube. lol A song that didn't get on the list, but will soon, is "Stay with Me" Michael McLean  It is at the 21:20 minute mark on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1eE330FiAM  also really awesome is "Safe Harbors" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqYwNo5L9RA

No comments: